Chandigarh, August 14: In view of the Independence Day function at the Parade Ground in Sector 17, the police have decided to impose traffic restrictions and diversions on August 15. Road users are advised to make use of alternative routes.
Where you can park
People can park their vehicles in the parking area of Sector 22-B adjacent to Blood Disease Hospital, Sector 23-B, on the rear side of Neelam Cinema, Sector 17, in the parking of the football stadium and at the Circus Ground, Sector 17.
- The public is requested to be seated latest by 8.30 am at the Parade Ground, Sector 17.
- People are requested to enter the Parade Ground from Gate No. 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 opposite Gurdial Singh petrol pump, Sector 22, and the ISBT, Sector 17.
- People are requested to carry an identity card.
- They are requested not to bring objectionable articles such as match box, knife, bag, cigarette, weapon, liquor, inflammable items and electronic devices.
Diversions around Parade Ground
- The stretch from the Sector 16/17/22/23 roundabout to the small rotary near Gurdial Singh petrol pump, Sector 22-A, on Udyog Path; from the Sector 16/17 crossing to the Sector 16/17/22/23 roundabout on Jan Marg; and from the light point near Lyon’s Restaurant, Sector 17, to the Parade Ground, will remain closed to the public with vehicles from 7 am onwards till the function at the Parade Ground gets over.
- No parking will be allowed in the parking area in front of shops in the Sector 22-A market from 6 am till the function gets over.