Mohali, March 24: People in Mohali district will be allowed to move out of their homes only to procure food including groceries, fruit, vegetables and meat etc and milk and its products; and medicine at the timings given below:
March 24: 4 pm to 6 pm; from March 25 till further orders: 6 am to 9 am.
This was stated in an order by the Mohali DC.
Only one member of the family/ household shall be allowed to step out for procuring these essential supplies. And these should be procured from nearest shop in the vicinity. Use of vehicles shall be avoided at all costs. Immediately after the procurement of essential items, the persons shall return to their homes. They shall follow social distancing norms and avoid crowding – failing which, they shall be liable to penal action.
The following is the full text of the Mohali DC’s notification in this regard:
WHEREAS, in exercise of powers in exercise of powers conferred under Section 144 of Cr. PC hereby order that curfew was imposed in the District till further orders for the containment and prevention of the spread of COVID19.
WHEREAS, it was ordered that “curfew shall be imposed in the District till further orders. No person shall leave their homes or shall move on foot, or by vehicle or travel or stand or roam around on any road or public place (except for emergency medical aid). Further, any assembly of 5 or more persons shall not be allowed anywhere in the district”.
WHEREAS, to maintain essential supplies and ensure bona-fide movement of goods and persons, the following is now directed:
a. Except for the above-stated emergency medical aid, persons in the district shall be allowed to move out of their homes only to procure (1) Food including groceries, fruit, vegetables and meat etc. (2) Milk including milk products; and (3) General Medicines and only at the timings given below:
24.03.2020: 4 PM to 6 PM
25.03.2020 till further orders: 6 AM to 9 AM
2. Only one member of the family/ household shall be allowed to step out for procuring these essential supplies. And these should be procured from nearest shop in the vicinity. Use of vehicles shall be avoided at all costs. Immediately after the procurement of essential items, the persons shall return to their homes. They shall follow social distancing norms and avoid crowding – failing which, they shall be liable to penal action.
3. Concerned officers, designated in previous orders with maintaining essential supplies (DMO/ DFSC/ DR Coop/ ZLA/ LDM/ DDPO) shall ensure that shops/ supply of these essential item remain open at the given public timings. They shall also ensure that every locality/ neighborhood has enough shops open, so as to prevent crowding and not necessitate vehicular traffic. SDMs/DSPs / Joint Commissioner MC / EOs shall supervise this.
4. Further, shops of these essential items may be allowed to replenish their stock and supplies before/ after the public timings which shall be decided by the concerned designated officer and regulated through ‘Restricted Movement Curfew Passes’.
5. SSP shall ensure that area SHOs continuously patrol the area and ensure that there is no crowding and the minimum distance of 1 meter is maintained between persons. Further, teams of SDM/ DSP shall also check frivolous and unauthorized movement of public.
ਦਫਤਰ ਜ਼ਿਲ੍ਹਾ ਮੈਜਿਸਟਰੇਟ, ਐਸ ਏ ਐਸ ਨਾਗਰ OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT MAGISTRATE, SAS NAGAR PH: 0172-2219500 FAX: 0172-2219501 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, for making these instructions comprehensive, the previous instructions regarding movement of exempt categories of people are reiterated:
6. This shall not apply to those tasked with law and order/ emergency and municipal services duties including executive magistrates, police personnel, military/ paramilitary personnel in uniform, health, electricity, government machinery tasked with COVID19 related duties
7. Those especially issued a Restricted Movement Curfew Pass by the DM / ADM/ SDM or other officer authorized in this behalf.
8. All vehicles/ persons in bona-fide transit (inter-state/ inter district) shall be allowed to pass but only after due verification of point of origin and destination.
9. Government employees tasked with emergency and essential services shall be allowed to attend duty on production of their Official ID cards. It is clarified that these can be of Government of Punjab/ UT of Chandigarh or Haryana, on duty even in or outside the district. Further, these shall include those private agencies put on duty by Government Departments (such as sanitation services by MC Mohali etc.) with Valid Duty Order.
10. Government employees of non-emergency departments but on official essential duty in their offices shall be allowed upon production of Valid Duty Order from Head of Office/ Department and Official ID Card. It is clarified that ID Card alone will not suffice unless with a duty order of an HOD/ HoO.
11. Heath Services personnel such as Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists and all other Staff shall also be allowed to attend duties on production of ID Cards from their respective institutions – Government (eg. PHC, CHC, PGI, GMCH, etc.) and Private.
12. Hospitals, Chemist shops and ATMs shall be allowed to remain open 24×7 – This shall be ensured by Civil Surgeon, ZLA and LDM respectively.
13. Media persons with accreditation and recognition (pink and yellow passes) issued by the Government (Punjab/ Haryana/ UT/ GoI).
14. For maintenance of the following essential services, the below mentioned officers shall be responsible to coordinate and collect the minimum required ‘Restricted Movement Curfew Passes’ from this office and their subsequent issue to concerned:
a. DPRO – for essential and maintenance services of electronic and print media.
b. DDPO / DR (Coop) / GM Verka – for ensuring supply and distribution of milk
c. DDPO / DD AH – for ensuring provision of dry and green fodder for animals and veterinary services
d. DMO – for ensuring supplies of vegetables and fruits to retailers/ and through hawkers, while ensuring no crowding and regulated entry
e. DFSC – for uninterrupted supply of LPG, Petrol Pumps, grocery and chemist shops.
f. GM, DIC – for uninterrupted supply of telecom and internet services and essential industry for heath services such as pharmaceutical
g. LDM – for ensuring ATMs to be open 24×7 and Banks with minimum skeletal staff during public timings i.e. 6 AM to 9 AM
It is reiterated that all under Clause 7 shall only be allowed with ‘Restricted Movement Curfew Passes’.
15. DSFC and DMO shall be responsible for effective running of the centralized 24×7 control room (78885-56264) for emergency food and medical facilities for anyone in need.
Given under my hand and seal of the Court on 24.03.2020.